This is a common concern of most of the users that how to check update size in Windows 10 before downloading them. The reason is, users had more control over the Windows updates in the earlier versions of the Windows operating system. But, Windows 10 allows you to download updates automatically in the background.
Keeping your operating system up-to-date is a good habit. An updated OS has a smaller number of errors and can protect you from different threads. If you take an example of Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you had the option to select the smaller update first, because we could see the size of those updates.
In Windows 10, Microsoft has decided that we are too dumb to know the file size of Windows update before downloading. If you have an Internet connection with unlimited data usage, then you don’t need to worry about. But a user with limited data can suffer problems regarding the update. That’s why you should know the update size in Windows before taking any action.
There is no tweak available to display size of Windows updates. That’s why you have to use a third-party tool called Windows Update MiniTool to do the work for you.
What is Windows Update MiniTool
Windows Update MiniTool is a free software for Windows 10 PCs to check the size of the update before downloading them. It has the controls to search, install and block Windows updates according to your concern. Some of the features are,
1. Check, Download and Install updates
2. Download updates, but not install them
3. Remove or Uninstall selected updates
4. View update history
5. Hide or Block selected updates and much more
This is a must-have tool for Windows 10 users to put controls over the automatic update that has been removed. Well, let’s check it out how to use it.
How to Check Windows Update Size in Windows 10
If you are one of those who wants to check Windows update size in Windows 10, just follow the below steps.
1. First of all, download Windows Update MiniTool from this page.
2. The ZIP file contains two versions for 32-Bit and 64-Bit. You can extract these files or run the suitable version direct from the archive.
3. Once the tool is opened, click on the “Check for updates” icon from the left sidebar. It’ll start searching for the information regarding the updates.
4. If your Internet connection is fast, then within a few seconds, you’ll see all of the available updates for Windows 10 with their sizes in the right side of the screen. Now, you can go back to the default Windows updates option to download the updates, or you can select the desired updates to install.
5. Just, select check the updates which you want to install and click on the install updates option that’s it. The tool will download and install these updates automatically into your computer.
This was all about how to check updates in Windows 10 before downloading them. You can disable these updates to download on your computer automatically. If you found this tool useful, the do share with your friends which have Windows 10 operating system and facing this problem.